Monday, March 10, 2008

Faux Cloissone TLC159

Here is my card for today's technique lover's challenge from SCS. Thanks for a great challenge, Betty.

I have never done a faux cloissone card before, but it is not too hard. All you have to do, is find a pretty magazine or calendar page, emboss an outline stamp and cut it out.

The stamp sets I used are In full Bloom (retired SU), polka dots and petals and birthday whimsy, as well as Paisly Background stamp on the bottom portion of the card base (you can't see that in the picture).
Cardstock used: Garden Green, pretty in pink, whisper white
Ink: Versamark and garden green
Accessories: gold embossing powder, blender pen for coloring in the leafs that I stamped on the white strip of CS. I also applied stardust stickles to the flowers. Bluebird and mustard grosgrain ribbon.
Not sure I like how this turned out, I might have to try again later.