Sunday, March 9, 2008

WSC38


This is for Beate's weekend sketch Challenge #38. Check it out her blog here: http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

First let me tell you that I am not a very creative stamper. I get most of my inspirations from other stampers from SCS, stamp magazines and Stampin Up.
The base of this card is Soft sky. I sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink. The Designer papers I used were cut to fit on the card front. I got this DP at Hobby Lobby. I used the stamp set "Natural Beauty" (retired SU), which is one of my all time favorite stamps. I stamped the word stamp in soft sky on soft sky CS and sponged the edges again with chocolate chip ink and distressed the edge. I ripped a hole in the middle and put the bird thru the whole (this was done in one of the older SU catalogs) The bird is stamped with choc. chip ink on soft sky paper and colored with blender pen and not quite navy ink. I attached it with a dimensional. The flowers and butterfly were stamped with chocolate chip ink on the same designer papers that I used for the card background and cut out with sharp scissors. Brads and hardware are from the aged copper set. The word "wish" comes from the words stamp from the same stamp set. I just used my marker to ink that word, then trimmed it to fit the HPH. I used the end of an SU order form (the strip with the holes) for easier brad placement. Ribbon is from JoAnn's, I sponged it with choc. chip ink for an aged look. Thank you for looking. :)